Atrial Fibrillation Clinic:
Atrial fibrillation is a growing problem in US, nearly 2.7 million Americans are living with atrial fibrillation, with many not understanding the danger of their condition.
Atrial fibrillation is difficult disease to manage because:
- Despite multiple treatment options, no cure-all exists.
- Long-term management necessary for medically managed, procedural patients.
- Care delivered in numerous settings, limited coordination between providers.
- Lack of referring physician education on procedural options lengthens time from diagnosis to referral.
- Frequent hospital readmissions and ER visits.
- Complexities of medical management often result in suboptimal care.
- Many AF patients have multiple comorbidities.
Therefore a comprehensive plan is needed for optimal management of atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation Clinic At MHRC is a multidisciplinary specialty clinic dedicated to screening, diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation.
Team included: electrophysiology, cardiology, primary care, cardiothoracic surgeon, and cardiac imaging doctors with additional collaboration service form: sleep apnea specialist, endocrinologist, psychologist and nutrition service.
Service provided at Atrial Fibrillation Clinic:
- Full range of imaging modality including: EKG, short and long term ambulatory monitoring, echocardiogram, transesophageal echocardiogram, cardiac CT scan and cardiac MRI.
- Medical management including the most current medication for rate control, rhythm control and anticoagulation.
- Full range of simple and complex catheter ablation technique with the state of the art technology.
- Minimally invasive surgical ablation in combined with regular ablation (Hybrid ablation).
- Pacing devices therapy when needed including transvenous and leadless pacemaker.
- Left atrial appendage exclusion devices including endocardial LAA occlusion devices (Watchman) and epicardial ligation devices (Lariat and atrial clip).
If you have atrial fibrillation, consider visiting our atrial fibrillation clinic at MHRC to learn about all your options.